WHAT IS A TRADE SHOW MODEL?
A trade show model is a person, usually a female, that is hired to represent your company at a convention or conference.
These models serve two purposes;
- Engage your customers and increase leads.
- Perform event specific tasks.
Experienced trade show models draw attention with outgoing and confident personalities. They know how to maximize verbal cues like making eye contact, smiling, and proper body language, such as never turning your back on the exhibit floor and keeping good posture no matter how tired one is.
Conference girls appeal to the attendees of your convention, bringing more visitors to your booth. Staffing models increases interest in the product or service due to a model’s good looks, ability to socialize with individuals, and enchanting character.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE TRADE SHOW MODELS?
They Attract Attention
Trade show models help organizations of all sizes to increase sales and manage leads at corporate events. Although they are typically sought after for their beauty, professional models can be very intelligent and often have college degrees.
Our Product Demonstrators will showcase your products and demonstrate the benefits and value of your products.
They Engage Prospects
Your exhibit girls will interact with scores of attendees and qualify or generate leads for your sales team.
Our expo staffing may also be used for neccessary support tasks such as handing out sales materials and scaning badges so your models can stay focused on interacting with prospective buyers.
Expertise That Makes A Difference
TSM Agency convention staffing provides skilled models that are adept at learning information about your organization and articulating it to your visitors.
Our professionals have years of real world experience and are so good that many visitors think they are employed by the company they are representing.
Our account executives and management team are some of the most experienced in the industry. This means your projects run as smoothly as possible.
Any company or organization that exhibits at a conference or expo requires trade show staffing.
The top 5 reasons to hire booth staff
- • Additional staff – an extra set of hands never hurt
- • Save money – don’t pay for airfare, hotel, and other related expenses
- • Experience – someone who knows what they are doing
- • Product demonstration – demonstrate your product while you talk to potential customers
- • Increase brand exposure – appeal to your demographic
Modeling has become a great profession, more so in the advertising and promotion industry. Tradeshow girls help to engage customers and enable more potential customer engagement during the day of your event. Exhibitors that hire help generate more leads than those who don’t. Hiring a staffing agency is the ideal solution to maximize your conference or convention.
If you want the best, you may need to pay accordingly. Just like any field in business, the more experienced a person is at their job, the more money they typically can command. Low paying gigs will provide inexperienced talent that is more likely to cancel on your job in the first place. Don’t take the chance and avoid the lowest bid.
Hiring trade show models is easy. Just contact established staffing agencies like the TSM Agency.
What information do I need to provide to receive a quote?
- • Event name – this helps the agency to know
- • City – where will the local talent be staffed
- • Venue – where is your event being held
- • Dates – what are the exact dates
- • Hours – what are the hours will your girls be working
- • Responsibilities – what do you expect from your model
- • Attire – what do require the girls to wear or will you be providing an outfit
What we need for the day of the event
- • Contact – we need to know the onsite contact person
- • Booth number – this is often overlooked
- • Confirmation – Confirm all information you provided
What the agency handles
- • Finding your models
- • Contracts
- • Payments
- • Training
- • Communication
- • Great customer service
Having this information ready when you email or call the agency can save time and enable your account executive to provide a quote as quickly and accurately as possible.
TYPES OF CONVENTION MODELS
Trade show staffing terminology can vary. To the casual observer, there may not be any difference between staffing trade show hostesses and spokesmodels. Here are the different types of trade show staffing available and an overview of what they are.
Trade show models
Any male or female, that is not an employee of the company and is hired to work your expo. Trade show staffing works because of the models’ brains and personality and not just their looks.
An individual that is hired to work an event. Typically entails working an entire event versus one exhibitor at an event. Interchangeable with the other terms.
Models hired specifically to demonstrate the functionality or benefits of a product. Product demonstrators will showcase your products and explain the advantages and features to individuals and groups.
Greeters and Crowd Gatherers
Attractive and friendly models hired with a focus on welcoming visitors or encouraging attendees to visit a booth at the conference. Greeters and crowd gatherers provide guests with an excellent first impression of your company.
Someone that is hired to work a conference. Convention models or conference models are interchangeable. The label denotes they type of event they are working.
A slang term for female conference staff. The term booth babe often has negative connotations but is still widely used. These attractive models thrive being in the spotlight and are excellent at interacting with crowds.
The term booth babe denotes a girl that is specifically recruited to work a convention or conference display.
Whatever term you decide to refer to your models as, be assured that our models for hire are excellent when interacting with crowds, and providing visitors with a positive first impression of your exhibit.
Our conference and convention staff can do more than just demo products and scan badges. They have experience learning
information about company’s products and services and will articulate essential information to visitors. They will add value and provide assistance that will positively impact your business.
MODELS FOR HIRE
To Get Higher Quality Leads >
5 reasons you need sales help
Not every person is a natural born salesman. Even employees who have been with the company for years, and know the products inside and out, may falter when presenting to a prospective client in person. The fast paced environment of conventions only exacerbates this problem. Staffing help is the solution.
OUR HOSTESSES ARE TRAINED TO:
- Acknowledge every single person who walks by
- Engage with visitors who stop and express an interest in your company, product, or service
- Present the products that best match attendees needs.
- Prequalify leads
- Disengage with the prospect in an effcient manner and thank them for their time.
Many people don’t realize that even though you are contacting trade show staffing agencies, girls are independent contractors. Just as in any field, someone with five years experience can command a higher rate than someone with no experience. As independent contractors, they set their rates. Not every girl will work for a given rate. The trade show staffing agency typically sets what they feel is a competitive price for the particular job and contacts their database.
The cost to hire trade show hostesses varies and is based on
- • Responsibilities – what do you need your girls to do? Do you just need them to hand out fliers and scan badges, a job virtually anyone can do? Or, do you need team members who are confident with sales and can represent your company and talk professionally about your products or services? The more responsibilities, the higher the rate.
- • Experience – How important is your convention? More experienced talent will perform better. They typically can handle every situation and can often provide you with insight or tips. The greater the experience, the higher the rate.
Trade show model rates vary because:
- There are different types of models – different model responsibilities pay differently. Convention models command a higher rate than a promotional model. It may seem like semantics but what we call our models indicates their responsibilities.
- The level of responsibility varies – what do you need your models to do? Memorizing information and being able to speak intelligently about your products takes more responsibility than handing out fliers on a street corner.
- Supply and demand – the best models work the most jobs. Cities that have more conventions have a higher demand. Good models are hard to come by and are in smaller supply.
- Location – location is important. Larger cities have a higher cost of living, and you are competing with other positions that also pay higher wages. NYC, Los Angeles, & Las Vegas trade show models are some of the highest paid models in the country.
- The number of hours worked – model staffing prices can be more competitive if there are a high volume of hours being worked. A two-hour show cannot be discounted as the model has just lost the ability to work the entire day for only a small amount of work.
- Miscellaneous – factors such as individual requests, your brand reputation, the day of the week, and popularity of the expo can all influence the rate trade show hostesses are willing to work.
A FEW OF OUR GLOWING REVIEWS
Submit your review
The thing I like most about TSM is the punctuality practiced by the employees'.The girls are always there on time and quickly adjust to their new surroundings making themselves conversant with the task they have at hand which is professional for a modeling agency.
We had booked Virginia for an expo, but she called in and notified that she wouldn’t make it but the firm was able to organize a suitable replacement in time for the trade show. Jennie was the replacement who received very positive feedback from the customers which was appreciated after being called on such short notice. Very good and we will use the TSM Agency again in the future.
Carolina was well prepared, extremely engaged and speaks several languages. We would absolutely request her again and I would recommend her if asked. Lovely personality! We appreciate you having her available for our trade show.
NEED A PRICE QUOTE? CONTACT US!
We are alway on the lookout for girls to present to our clients. Whether you have years of industry experience or want to give modeling a try, we recommend you fill out an application today.
TRADE SHOW MODELS – TSM AGENCY
TRADE SHOW INDUSTRY BY THE NUMBERS
It ‘s hard to arrive at concrete answers to questions regarding the largest trades shows and the number of attendees, as they are dependent on how you define them. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP 1 performed a study when approached by the Convention Industry Council 2. These types of events were classified as meetings, and the economic significance to the U.S. economy studied.
- 1.8 million meetings took place in the U.S. during 2009 3
- 205 million participants 3
- $263 billion in direct spending 3
- $907 billion in total industry output 3
Number of events by type 3
- 273,000 Conventions and Conferences
- 10,900 Trade Shows
- 1,298,300 Corporate/Business meetings
Attendance by type 3
- 60,960,000 Conventions and Conferences
- 26,768,000 Trade Shows
- 113,337,000 Corporate/Business meetings
TRADE SHOW TOP 10’S
Top 10 By Attendance
- New York International Auto Show
- Washington Auto Show
- North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)
- Airventure Oshkosh
- Dallas Auto Show
- National Farm Machinery Show
- Philadelphia International Auto Show
- Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX)
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- Miami International Boat Show
Top 10 By the Number of Exhibitors
- MAGIC Market week
- Process Expo (FPSA)
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- NY NOW – New York International Gift Fair
- ASD Las Vegas
- National Hardware Show
- Oshore Technology Conference (OTC)
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
- JCK Las Vegas
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- New Orleans and San Francisco
TRADE SHOW TIP: TREAT YOUR MODELS WELL
You have booked the best models to represent your company at the big convention and are ready to sell. You are counting on your hired help, who have most likely never met you before, to do her part, but did you know you are partially responsible for her success?
We understand you may be stressed and have a million things on your mind. How you treat your convention staff can set the tone for the entire show and how well she performs.
How to get the most out of your trade show hostesses
- Work hard – Actions are stronger than words, and your sta will pick up on this and follow your example. Set your performance culture, even if it is for only one day.
- Respect your convention staff – who doesn’t work better when treated this way? When staffing convention models don’t treat your temporary help any worse than you treat your full-time employees. If you do, they will pick up on this, and it won’t be appreciated.
- Don’t make your problems her problems – we understand issues can happen during a conference. Maybe something got lost in shipping or the team forget to send something important. Don’t take your stress out or blame your model.
- Demonstrate that you care – Small gestures go a long way. Oer to get food or drink for your event staff or hostess when you are doing so for yourself. Ask her how her feet are holding up.
Following these few common sense tips can help you get the most out of your model. Keep her positive and portraying the best persona of your company possible. Isn’t this why you staffed girls in the first place?
WORK WITH US
We’ll do everything we can to make your important convention a success! One of our experienced account executives will review your requirements, provide a free no-obligation quote, and provide all deliverables in the staffing process.
GET A QUOTE!