WHAT IS A SPOKESMODEL?
A spokesmodel is a person that is hired to represent your company or brand in advertising or marketing campaigns. Spokesmodels can be celebrities, musicians, athletes, or models. To be a spokesmodel, one needs to be attractive, confident, and articulate.
Spokesmodels serve two purposes;
- Attract attention to your brand
- Represent your brand and engage customers
Experienced spokes models represent your brand and speak on your behalf in media campaigns or person at promotional events. They learn about your products or services and can articulate their benefits and value proposition to consumers. Spokes models are comfortable behind the camera and in person.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE SPOKESMODELS?
Spokesmodels attract attention
Hiring a spokes model is a proven tactic to improve sales and leads. Whether you spokesmodel represents you in media or in-person promotional events, they are sure to draw attention to your brand. It is important for your spokesmodel not only to be attractive but to be able to speak articulately about your brand.
Spokesmodels interact with customers
intelligently about your products or services will have customers thinking they are employees of your company. Spokesmodels are perfect for when you need an attractive representative that will help increase sales.
Expertise That Makes A Difference
TSM Agency spokesmodels are skilled at learning information about your product or services and articulating it to your customers.
Our spokesmodels have years of promotional sales experience and are so good that your potential customers may think they are full-time employees of your company.
Our account executives and management team are some of the most experienced in the industry. Our experience means your projects run as smoothly as possible.
Any company or organization that a) exhibits with a trade show booth at a conference or expo or b)wants a person to represent their brand in marketing campaigns needs spokesmodels.
The top 5 reasons you should hire a spokesmodel
- • Brand recognition – You want a recognizable face for your brand
- • Additional staff – you need to engage a large number of consumers
- • Save money – don’t pay for airfare, hotel, and other related expenses
- • Experience – someone who knows what they are doing
- • Engagement – you need someone who can articulate your brand
Spokesmodels are hired because a company would like a face and personality associated with their brand. For in-person events, spokesmodels appeal to the attendees of your promo event, bringing more visitors to your booth. Staffing a spokesmodel increases interest in your product or service due to a model’s good looks, ability to interact with customers and their charismatic personality.
Spokesmodels are male or female models that know or can learn enough about a company to be able to speak positively on its behalf. Hiring a spokesmodel can increase your advertising reach and interest in your product. TSM Agency spokesmodels can actively engage your potential customers by attracting attention, handing out samples and literature, or answering questions.
If you want the best, you may need to pay accordingly. Just like any field in business, the more experienced a person is at their job, the more money they typically can command.
Hiring a spokes model is easy. Just contact an established model staffing agency like the TSM Agency.
What information do I need to provide to receive a quote?
- • Event name – this helps the agency
- • City – where will the local models be staffed
- • Venue – where is your event being held up
- • Dates – what are the exact dates you need models
- • Hours – how many hours will your model be working each day
- • Responsibilities – what do you expect from your model
- • Attire – what do you need your model to wear or will you be providing an outfit?
What we need for the day of the show
- • Contact – we need to know the onsite contact person
- • Booth number – this is often overlooked
- • Confirmation – Confirm all information you provided
What the agency handles
- • Finding your models
- • Contracts
- • Payments
- • Training
- • Communication
- • Great customer service
Having this information ready when you email or call the agency can save time and enable your account executive to provide a quote as quickly and accurately as possible.
TYPES OF SPOKESMODELS & SPOKES MODEL JOBS
Spokesmodel terminology can vary. To the casual observer, there may not be any difference between a spokesmodel and a greeter. Here are the different types of modeling positions that can be considred spokesmodels and an overview of what they are.
Spokesmodels are sometimes a more targeted form of brand ambassador. Sometimes a company will hire a famous person to be the face of their brand. Spokesmodel is also another term for trade show model or promotional model.
Models hired specifically to demonstrate the functionality or benefits of a product. Product demonstrators will showcase your products and explain the advantages and features to individuals and groups.
Trade show models
Any model, male or female, that is not an employee of the company and works a trade show. Trade show models are hired for their brains and personality, as well as looks.company.
A model that is hired to work a conference. Convention model or trade show model are interchangeable. The type of model denotes they type of event they are working.
Brand ambassadors become a personal representation of your brand and interact with customers in the real world. They must be trained and able to articulate your core messaging and are often hired for multiple campaigns
The term booth model is interchangeable with trade show model but denotes a model that is specifically recruited to work a trade show booth.
Auto show and car show girls
Auto show models and car show girls are brand ambassadors who represent auto manufacturers or companies who make products for automobiles and participate in car shows. They know vehicles and look good talking about them!
Whatever term you decide to refer to your spokesmodel as, be assured that our models for hire are excellent when interacting with crowds, and providing visitors with a positive first impression of your brand.
Spokesmodels can do more than just demo products and scan badges. They have experience learning information about company’s products and services and will articulate essential information to customers. They will add value and provide assistance that will positively impact your business.
MODELS FOR HIRE
5 Reasons you should hire spokesmodels
Not every person is a natural born salesman. Even employees who have been with the company for years, and know the products inside and out, may falter when presenting to a prospective client in person. The fast paced environment of trade shows and promotional events only exacerbates this problem.
OUR SPOKESMODELS ARE TRAINED TO:
- Acknowledge every single person who walks by your booth
- Engage with the visitors who stop and express an interest in your company, product, or service
- Present your products that best match the client’s needs.
- Prequalify leads and make a lasting impression
- Disengage with the prospect and thank them for their time.
Many people don’t realize that even though you are contacting a spokes model staffing agency, girls are independent contractors. Just as in any field, someone with five years experience can command a higher rate than someone with no experience. As independent contractors, they set their rates. Not every girl will work for a given rate. The agency typically sets what they feel is a competitive price for the particular job and contacts their database of models.
The cost to hire a spokes model varies and is based on the following:
- • Responsibilities – what do you need your spokesmodel to do? Do you just need a girl to hand out fliers and scan badges, a job virtually anyone can do? Or, do you need a model who is confident with sales and can represent your company and talk professionally about your products or services? The more responsibilities, the higher the rate.
- • Experience – How important is your event? More experienced models will perform better. They can handle every situation and can often provide you with insight or tips. The greater the experience, the higher the rate.
Spokesmodel job rates vary because:
- There are different types of models – particular positions pay more. Spokesmodels command a higher rate than a promotional model. It may seem like semantics but what we call our models indicates their responsibilities.
- The level of responsibility varies – what do you need your model to do? Memorizing information and being able to speak intelligently about your products takes more responsibility than handing out fliers on a street corner.
- Supply and demand – the best models work the most jobs. Cities that have more events have a higher demand. Good models are hard to come by and are in smaller supply.
- Location – location is important. Larger cities have a higher cost of living, and you are competing with other positions that also pay higher wages. NYC spokesmodels, Las Vegas spokesmodels & Los Angeles spokesmodels are some of the highest paid models in the country.
- Miscellaneous – factors such as individual requests, your brand reputation, the day of the week, and popularity of the show can all influence the rate a girl is willing to work for.
- The number of hours worked – spokes model prices can be more competitive if there are a high volume of hours being worked. A two-hour show cannot be discounted as the model has just lost the ability to work the entire day for only a small amount of work.
A FEW OF OUR GLOWING REVIEWS
Submit your review
I would love to work with Lauren again. She is one of the most stand-up spokesmodels I have worked with and I was surprised by her work ethic. She also went ahead to interact with clients on a personal level. The feedback from our customers was very positive. Great work!
Thank you TSM for your excellent service. Crystal (#4380), Natasha, Kayla, and Lauren were great. I had time to focus on more important stuff. The time limit worked against you guys, but you pulled it off! While most spokesmodels just focus on what they are told, you went out of your way to ensure our clients get the most from the products on display at our stands.
Bree was fantastic, Heather and Meagan more so. It turns out hiring spokesmodels is not that expensive, and they are who we requested, meaning they looked exactly how they do on the website, and I would hire them for a long-term deal! We received positive feedback from our booth visitors about the models, (positive feedback is hard to come by). You guys pulled it off! We couldn’t be prouder of you.
NEED A PRICE QUOTE? CONTACT US!
TSM Agency is alway on the lookout for new spokesmodels to present to our clients. Whether you have years of industry experience or want to give it a try, we recommend you fill out a spokes model application today.
SPOKESMODEL SALARY & CLIENT TIPS
Many girls who want to sign up to be spokesmodels will ask what the salary is, not understanding that these are rarely salaried positions. Spokesmodel jobs are most commonly contract positions that pay by the hour or the day.
The benefits of being a spokesmodel:
- • Higher hourly rate
- • Fun and diverse jobs
- • Flexible and part-time hours
The negatives of working as a spokesmodel:
- • Inconsistent hours
- • Unpredictable schedule
Don’t forget to factor in other part-time jobs you may have or if you are a student compare the hourly rate and flexibility benefits as compared to a lower paying job that offers consistent and predictable hours. Trade show modeling jobs can be inconsistent and unpredictable. It is up to you to weigh the benefits and negatives of each type of position.
Clients – Prepare in advance for your big day
Last minute rushing is unavoidable, but when your tasks involve other people, we highly advise against it. If you are exhibiting at a large national or international promotional event you must consider the hundreds of other companies that may also be employing the services of spokesmodels. If you wait until the last minute, the experienced girls will mostly all be booked.
Make arrangements early enough with your spokesmodeling agency so that you have the best models for your company and keep them from the competition.
Clients – Spokesmodel Training
Don’t assume. The spokes models you hire are professionals and do not require much training. However, they may or may not have worked for companies like yours. Take the time to train them and educate them about your products or services.
Your spokesmodels will be able to quickly grasp what you tell them and it will be reinforced by listening to you throughout the day; it is what they do for a living and thye perform their duties well.
For the best results we recommend spending a few minutes directing them on either a) what they should read to learn more or b) which employees should they shadow until they feel comfortable to speak on their own. We want you to get the most out of your spokesmodels.
FAMOUS SPOKES MODELS
Companies have always used spokespersons to
represent their brands, with varying degrees of success
Who is the top spokesperson company of all time? Revlon. Revlon has been using
spokesmodels since 1932. By our count, there have been 281 spokesmodels for Revlon.
Top 10 Spokesmodels of all Time
Mark Wahlberg “Marky Mark” – Calvin Klein Underwear
Orson Welles – Paul Masson Wines
Joe Isuzu – Isuzu
Tiger Woods – Nike and EAS
Wilford Brimley – Quaker Oats, Liberty Medical
William Shatner – Priceline
Wendy – Wendy’s
Isaiah Mustafa – Old Spice
Michael Jordan – Nike and Hanes
Energizer Bunny – Energizer Batteries
Top 10 Revlon Spokesmodels
Frank and Barbara Sinatra
WORK WITH US
We’ll do everything we can to make your important event a success! One of our experienced account executives will review your requirements, provide a free no-obligation quote, and provide a professional spokes model.
GET A QUOTE!
Who Have We Staffed for?
Top 12 Trade Spokesmodels Cities