WHAT IS A PROMOTIONAL MODEL?
Promotional models are employed to generate demand for company, products, service, or brand. By having direct interaction with potential clients, these promo girls can attract customers and increase their interest in your goods or services.
- Physically attractive and approachable.
- A hired to generate demand for a company
Promo girls are very attractive and typically educated in consumer marketing and sales. For special event staffing, a particular type of model may be requested to fulfill certain physical requirements. For example, a company may desire staff to fit into pre-made uniforms they will provide for the girl.
Event staffing requires the monitoring and distributing materials or samples, keeping a positive attitude and engaging consumers. Promo models can be an excellent choice when presenting information and educating individuals about your company. They are essentially the link between buyers and sellers; communicating the benefits of your business to possible customers. Not only do models relay information, but also make your business appealing to consumers.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE PROMOTIONAL MODELS?
They Express Your Brand
Promotional models can be staffed for merchandising and print materials, entertainment marketing and promotional activities. When reflecting your company’s image, hiring an event staffing agency is an excellent choice. Any staff calls for the perfect alignment to your message. Promo girls, for example, will usually promote products at a consumers, while bikini models can be used to promote a fun and flirty image.
They Draw Attention to Brands
When a business is releasing a new food or beverage or trying to market to new buyers for their current offerings, these companies hire promotional models to conduct in-store sampling at grocery stores and liquor stores. Street team marketing uses a similar approach; engaging consumers at public places such as busy streets, shopping centers, conferences, and trade shows.
Expertise That Makes A Difference
TSM Agency promotional models are excellent at interacting with consumers and communicating brand value and differentiators.
Our models have represented some of the world’s largest companies. We feel they will do a great job with yours!
Our account executives and management team are some of the most experienced in the industry. Our background means your projects run as smoothly as possible.
Any company who has an existing product or a new product launch coming up and demands more customers needs promo girls.
The top 5 reasons you should hire a promotional model
- • Additional staff – an extra set of hands never hurt
- • Branding – brand image is important to you
- • Education – educate consumers
- • Sales – sell more product
- • Recognition – stand out in a crowded marketplace
- • Trust – increase trust in the company
Promotional models are a proven tactic to build a company and generate interest in your merchandise. Our professional models get results. They can draw attention to, and increase interest in, your community. With a database of over 20,000 models and more than 20 years of event staffing experience, our account executives are sure to find the perfect promo models.
Companies that hire promo models do so to gain a competitive advantage, and our agency understands that. We work with our models to find you the best match. Experienced promo models can win even the most skeptical consumer over. Interpersonal communications are more memorable than advertising. An articulate, beautiful, and passionate promo model can create a buzz and get customers talking about you.
Hiring promotional models is easy. Just contact an established staffing company like the TSM Agency.
What information do I need to provide to receive a quote?
- • Company name – let us do our research
- • Product information – models need to understand what they are pitching
- • City – where will the local models be hired
- • Venue – where is your promotional event being held
- • Dates – what are the exact dates you need staff
- • Hours – what are the hours will your models be working
- • Responsibilities – what do you expect from your model
- • Attire – what do you need your model to wear or will you be providing an outfit
What we need for the day of the show
- • Contact – we need to know the onsite contact person
- • Exact location – this is often overlooked
- • Confirmation – Confirm all information you provided
- • Samples – we can help with the logistics
What the agency handles
- • Finding your workers
- • Contracts
- • Payments
- • Training
- • Communication
- • Great customer service
Having this information ready when you email or call the agency can save time and enable your account executive to provide a quote as quickly and accurately as possible.
TYPES OF PROMOTIONAL MODELS
Promotional modeling covers a variety of responsibilities and has various names for the different responsibilities. To the average person, all models may be created equal. There are different skill sets and know-how varies amongst our team members. Our goal is to match employees with your objectives.
Promotional models is a generic term for models who are hired to promote something. They enjoy interacting with consumers on your behalf.
Auto show and car show girls
Auto show models and car show girls are representatives who work auto shows and car shows. Not only must they look good but they must be able to talk shop with enthusiastic car lovers.
Checkered Flag Girls
Checkered flag girls work car races. NASCAR and other auto racing events are high energy consumer driven affairs. These girls must be able to work for a crowd and keep crowd energy at high levels.
Bikini & Boat Show Models
Boat show and bikini models must be in phenomenal shape as they are required to wear a bikini to do their job. Boat shows are a favorite for bikini models as dealers try to express the lifestyle to potential boat buyers.
Street team models are typically hired in groups and work events with large crowds or high traffic areas. They must be fearless and be able to get consumers attention quickly. They can’t feel shy about giving away samples or freebies.
Beverage models are hugely popular at bars, stores, and promotions where alcohol is served. Industry licenses and experience with mixology may be required. Drinks are one of the easiest samples to give away.
Golf outing hostesses
Sometimes a golf course or company wants to make a day of golfing extra special. Golf girls are hired as a caddy or to hang out at each hole on the course for socializing and serving cold beverages.
Fitness Models are sought after for their physique as well as their knowledge of the fitness industry. They can articulate fitness merchandise benefits with ease. Fitness models are hired for a variety industry and consumer shows.
Regardless of what you are selling or industry you are in, we have the models for hire with the background you demand. Our personnel are adept at interacting with all kinds of consumers and will leave consumers with a positive feeling and lasting impression of a brand.
Promotional models do more than communicating with customers or give away samples. Their capabilities and personality enable them to always keep a positive, high energy attitude. They are used to memorizing benefits and value differentiators and expressing them to your target audience. Event staffing will make any company memorable and positively impact your business.
PROMO MODELS FOR HIRE
Unless you have an ultra niche specific audience, you are going to want to get your offerings in front of as many consumers as possible. You must be where they are and associate your products with positive experiences. You desire a promo model who can express your message and while making it memorable.
Our girls and guys are trained to:
- Represent a brand properly
- Interact with potential customers
- Educate consumers
- Show you off in the best light possible
- Create a memorable experience
Promotional model staffing companies vary in what they charge and like anything in life; the cheapest is not often the best. Workers are independent contractors who set their rates. Experienced personnel can command an excellent hourly rate while someone looking to work their first gig will only be able to receive a lower rate. Our agency has pricing tiers and matches talent to clients requirements and responsibility level.
The cost to hire a promotional model varies and is based on
- • Responsibilities – What responsibilities do you expect your talent to perform? Will your team member just stand there and hand out free samples, a task almost anyone can do? Or, do you desire a promo model who will learn about your products and be able to articulate their benefits and differentiators? Educate consumers? Win potential customers over with their contagiously positive attitude? The more responsibilities, the higher the rate.
- • Experience – How important is your event/? Like anything in life, the more experience someone has, the more money they can typically command. Experienced workers will perform better than those with less experience. There are a lot of nuances in promotions that experienced talent will be able to understand. The more experience, the higher the rate.
Rates vary because:
- There are different types of promo models – from street teams to brand ambassadors; there are different kinds of responsibilities. As a modelling agency, we match the model type with your requirements. It may not seem like there is a difference to the casual observer but the experience and responsibilities vary by the type of staff.
- Staffing responsibilities Vary – As we mentioned above, responsibilities vary among the modeling types. Having out product
- Supply and demand – If you intend on promoting your products at a local concert or NASCAR race the odds are that your competition is doing the same and talent will be in high demand. If you need event staffing assistance, we recommend booking far in advance.
- Location – larger markets pay more. Las Vegas, NYC, and Los Angeles promo girls all command the highest pay in the country. If you participate in multi-city events, plan your budgets accordingly.
- How many hours are worked – Promotional models will typically discount their rates if they are working a large volume of hours. Agencies will often lower their rate for a high-volume time and multi-model jobs. If you only need assistance for a few hours, you may want to consider a half a day as the there are minimum rates. When you staff help for part of a day, he or she is unable to work any other jobs that day.
- Miscellaneous – Other variables that affect promo models rates include her desire to work for your company. Anyone would get excited working for large, well-established organizations with excellent reputations, especially if they know or use your product. The day of the week and popularity of the event can also influence someones interest.
A FEW OF OUR GLOWING REVIEWS
Submit your review
Marc and Vincent were wonderful. Marc was especially terrific – very engaging and positive. He was the best model we have ever hired. Thank you.
All went well. Jessica was very prompt, polite and appropriate. She was a trooper at times when there was a bit of chaos.
We have nothing but good things to say about the promotional models you provided us. Leslie, Ashley, and Angelina were of immense help to us, and we will be seeking their input during the next show. They were friendly with the fans, and we felt she did a commendable job. Thank you once more!
NEED A PRICE QUOTE? CONTACT US!
TSM Agency is alway on the lookout for new talent to present to our clients. Whether you have years of experience or want to give it a try, we recommend you fill out an application today.
PROMOTIONAL MODELS – TSM AGENCY
PROMOTIONAL EVENTS BY THE NUMBERS
The following list is based on our staffing experience since 2005. Please note, this list is based on promotions not trade shows or services.
Top product events
- Marine & Boat
- Food & Beverages
- Electronics & Electronic Goods
- Cosmetic & Beauty
- Apparel & Clothing
- Education & Training
- Gifts & Handicrafts
- Lifestyle & Fashion
Companies use event staffing to help with promotions and interact with their customers in a more personal way. They are a business to consumer (B2C) marketing tactic.
6 Promotional activity steps
- Identify your target audience
- Invite your audience or go to where they are
- Response management
- Registrations – ideally you will collect contact information or data
- Manage and market to your leads
PROMO EVENT TOP 10’S
10 Event components
- Venue sourcing
- Any audio/video production
- Environment design – if required
- Onsite management
- Design and printing
- PR and publicity
- Giveaways or samples
10 Cool promo events
- 20th Century Fox: The Simpsons Movie 1
- Google: “Building a Better Bay Area.” 2
- Samsung: London Olympics
- Guinness: Guinness Class
- GE : Healthymagination
- Facebook: Facebook IQ Live
- WestJet Airlines: Santa Claus Intern 3
- Zappos: Spin that Wheel
- Red Bull: Stratos 4
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
EVENT STAFFING TIP: PLANNING IS EVERYTHING
Planning a promotional event can be a challenge, especially for small companies. Planning, when done right, can achieve positive results. Promotional marketing include new product launches, partnerships, and any activity that puts you face-to-face with your customers. Getting in front of those who can use what you offer is extremely beneficial in today’s digital age where many companies exist only online.
Planning can go a long way in determining a positive outcome. A few tip to consider:
- Define your goals upfront – Are you looking to increase brand awareness or generate media coverage for a new launch? Are you trying to increase your reputation in particular markets? Having a predefined goal helps to maximizes your time and creates the biggest impact with your targeted audience.
- Define your core message and a plan to demonstrate that messa – You can’t be all things to all people. Are you the hot new company that is disrupting the industry or are you the best tasking or easiest to use? Your message needs to be memorable; you want attendees leaving with a lasting impression of your brand. Once you have your message, how do you demonstrate it? That is the million dollar question. Product demonstrators, promo models, brand ambassadors are the solution. Making sure these models are aware of your core message is important, so don’t forget.
- Social media and follow up need to be prepared in advance – knowing how you are going to get the most out of your marketing by leveraging the Internet and sales follow up are imperative. If your representatives interact with customers, and you didn’t plan for a way to harvest their contact information or provide a call-to-action, then you are missing out on opportunities. Using email addresses, website landing pages, phone numbers, and social media account are proven techniques to keep communication with your customers.
If your hired help acquire new customers, enlarged your customer list or social media presence, then you know your marketing worked. Please feel free to reach out to us if you require promotional models and event staffing!
HOW DO I BECOME A PROMOTIONAL MODEL?
Becoming a promotional model is easy, but it isn’t for everyone. Without related assignments, you must find a way to stand out and get a modeling agency to take a chance and hire you. We have the demand for new talent all of the time. An established agency will require the following to consider hiring you.
How to become a promotional model:
- Fill out a profile – a model application asks all of the questions an agency needs from you. Think of it as your resume, but in a format, the staffing agency can use with their online system. Fill out as much information as possible. Girls with incomplete profiles are often never contacted.
- Have a professional portfolio – you will be required to upload photos of yourself. Photos don’t have to be taken by a professional, but that does help. Many photographers are willing to work a trade, saving you money. Avoid cell phone selfies and make sure you have good lighting if you a friend takes your photos. The best thing to do is look at the types of images other profiles have posted and provide the same.
- Be patient – Because of the good pay, flexible hours, and fun jobs, many girls and guys are looking to become promotional models. Agencies can get hundreds of applications a week. You must exhibit patience and wait for opportunities to apply for a position or until the agency reaches out to you. Take a look at the top industry sites to see if you live in an area with a lot of opportunities.
Modeling is a competitive industry. Thousands of girls apply on a monthly basis. Make the best first impression possible with a complete profile and quality photos. When you work your first job do your best and you will most likely be hired again!
WORK WITH US
We’ll do everything we can to make your important promotional event a success! One of our experienced account executives will review your requirements, provide a free no-obligation quote, and professional model recommendations.
GET A QUOTE!
Who Have We Staffed for?
Top 12 Staffing Cities